Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: One Fly - Port O'ConnorWhen: July 26th 2014. Attention - Rain date is August 2nd which is the following week Where: Port O'Connor, Texas Start: Sun Up End Time: 4:30 PM Trip Leader: Mike Graham Phone: 832-298-3855 e-mail: email@example.com Trip Description: Take you best saltwater fly and do your best to catch as many "inches" of saltwater game fish as you can. Have your partner keep score and let's see who can win the trophy! How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost: If you are staying in one of the Club's per-arranged lodges, costs will be based upon your lodging. If you are riding along in your partner's boat then you are expected to pay the costs for gas, oil and what ever. (you work that out with the boat owner). If you are sharing a ride down to POC then the same applies. Dinner Saturday Night will be supplied by the Club (hopefully we can get John to make up one of his Paellas for the group! Friday night's Captains party is on you as far as the costs. We will probably start out at Cathy's and then we'll go from there. Directions:Head south on 59 to Ganado Tx, turn left and head towards Port Lavaca, follow signs to Port O'Connor Tx. About the area:One of the world's finest wade fishing locations. Pristine saltwater flats for miles. Wind Heck yeah! Crowds and pot-lickers everywhere but that's what separates us from them. Go up super shallow and hammer the big reds and trout. Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes.
• Wind and/or water proof jacket.
• Lunch, Water, snacks.
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant.
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment: Seven, eight, and ten weights depending on you quarry. Recommended Flies:I'm not telling! After all this IS the One Fly! Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns.
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment.
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.