Salt Water Outings > Outing Information Only

Port O'Connor One Fly - July 26th & Jetty Clean up July 27th

(1/14) > >>

Dave Kelly:
Texas FlyFishers of Houston
Event: One Fly - Port O'Connor. Sunday Jetty Trash Clean up

Boats and Rooms are now completely Full-Up!!

When:         July 27th 2014.  Attention - Rain date is August 2nd which is the following week       
Where:        Port O'Connor, Texas       
Start:          Sunrise (6:44 AM) 
End Time:    4:30 PM   
Trip Leader: Michael Quigley
Phone:         713-213-8 one five zero       
e-mail:         mfquigley at yahoo dot com       

Trip Description:  Take you best saltwater fly and do your best to catch as many "inches" of saltwater game fish as you can.  Have your partner keep score and let's see who can win the trophy! On Sunday, the club will be taking trash bags out to the small jetties to help keep POC tidy. We will be picking up trash along the jetties. 

How to sign up: Sign Up Here, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required  Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.

Cost: If you are staying in one of the Club's per-arranged lodges, costs will be based upon your lodging.  If you are riding along in your partner's boat then you are expected to pay the costs for gas, oil and what ever. (you work that out with the boat owner).  If you are sharing a ride down to POC then the same applies. Dinner Saturday Night will be John's Paella. Friday night, George is grilling steaks over at Les' Lehman's place.  

Directions:Head south on 59 to Ganado Tx, turn left and head towards Port Lavaca, follow signs to Port O'Connor Tx. 

About the area: You know it. You love it. If you're new to it, ask someone who knows!

Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.  (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes.
• Wind and/or water proof jacket.
• Lunch, Water, snacks.
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant.
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit

Recommended Equipment: Seven, eight, and ten weights depending on you quarry. 

Recommended Flies: I'd say you probably don't wanna fish a Royal Coachman

Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns.
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment.
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.

Please see the attached spreadsheet  (2014 POC One Fly.xls ) for boat & room assignments

Puck:
Unlocked.

This is a great trip, and a lot of fun.

Let the planning begin!

Puck

Wormdrowner:
Alex has scored us the condo we used last year with the multiple decks. I must ask that all participants please refrain from nekkid moonbathing as it tends to make the late night seagulls sick......... :P

Please sign up and note if you need a room. I want to get room and boat assignments started as soon as feasible.

MFQ

Wormdrowner:
We decided tonight at the board meeting that we are devoting Sunday morning to giving back a little to the area and are having a trash pick-up on the jetties. You will be fed another fantastic Pavon Paella  8) for supper, compliments of the club. YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO HELP WITH THE CLEANUP ON SUNDAY. I'm no hippy, tree hugging liberal, but it's about time we all gave a little back to community and to the environment.  All in all, it should be a fun weekend! Be there or be trapezoid!

Bear:
I am in and will need a bed.

Denis Auger

"Bear"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version