Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Sabine LakeWhen:
January 25th February 8th Where: Sabine Lake - Bridge City Start 9:00 End Time: 4:00 Trip Leader: Michael Quigley Phone:713-213-eight -one-five-zero e-mail:mfquigley at yahoo dot com Trip Description: We will be fishing the marshes of Sabine Lake near Bridge City. A kayak or boat is highly recommended as it can get very muddy. How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost: Minimal if any Directions: https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!4m21!3m17!1m1!1sHouston%2C+TX!1m5!1s2000+Old+Ferry+Rd%2C+Bridge+City%2C+TX+77611!2s0x863eae945844568d%3A0x1784f71f0f3e6281!3m2!3d29.990395!4d-93.848462!3m8!1m3!1d3222!2d-93.848462!3d29.990395!3m2!1i1440!2i716!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0 . The approx address is 2000 Old Ferry Rd Bridge City, TX 77611. Take 87 to Bridge City. Turn right on Old Ferry Road and follow it to the launch ramps (it's a couple miles down the road. You can't miss it) About the area: Fairly muddy in areas. Typical Texas bay system. Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:7-9 Wt Recommended Flies: Seaducers, Deceivers, Redfish Crack Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.