Pictures first, then the story.

Puck

Puck:
Birds are working. 
Can we get there in time?

This is the video.

Puck

Wormdrowner:
Saturday, three intrepid anglers, all members of the Katy Navy, set forth towards the Louisiana border in pursuit of redfish, trout & flounder glory. After a hearty breakfast at the Garth Rd Denny's and a pit stop/editorial statement at the Port Arthur Wal-Mart, we launched in Bridge City. The wind was mild and temps were warming. We hoped to find our quarry beneath the waves of Sabine Lake.  We paddled out towards some birds working the channel, but found no takers. We worked, flats, mud and channel drop-offs to no avail. We then worked our way back into the marsh but did not see a single bait fish, let alone game fish.  After 5+ miles of paddling, we decided to call it a day, only to find that the tire on Puck's kayak trailer had decided to go flat. Of course Puck had a spare for his trailer....120 miles west of us in his garage...(!) John minded the kayaks while Don & I set off to the Bridge City Wally World for some Slime to fix the tire. We then sought out air, ending up at the same place Golden & I got air for his kayak trailer's flat last year (noticing a pattern here?). We then went back to retrieve John and the kayaks. While we were gone, John met a local gentleman, Wesley (I believe), who gave us some great tips and suggestions for the next time we hit the marshes there.  We set out for our west Houston Shangri-La.  After several stops to find air for our leaky tire involving Puck doing battle with a coin-op compressor, we made it home, fishless, but never the less, smiling after a fun day of adventure with great friends.

Pavon:
Normal for this trip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version