We had an adventure.
• 20% chance of rain means it rains half of the day
• Breakfast interrupted by showers in not a way to start the day
• Hooks in thumbs hurt
• An 8 pound jack on a fly is crazy
• 2 foot long ladyfish fight like baby tarpon
• Those wave really will knock you down
• Water temp was OK, until the "boys" got wet
• Sand is not a tasty as you might think
• Fire starting is actually an art, and I'm not an artist
• "SNAP" in the middle of the night is not a good sound
• 4WD is not really an option, it is a necessity
• "KA-BOOM" is not a good sound when you have a lightning rod in your hands
• VHF radios in every vehicle is a great idea, which we flubbed
• Too much food, was actually a complaint...... We didn't go hungry!
• Packing list, and packing list, and check the packing list.....
• Tell the few anglers that are actually catching fish that we would like to add fish to the menu, and to keep a few....
• Yes, it is possible to nap after drinking a Monster (R)
• "New to the club" does not mean he doesn't know how to fish!
• 0230 really is a bad time to drive
• "Whrrrrrrr" when trying to start the truck is a stomach churning sound....
• Spanish mackerel will hit a swivel as quickly as a fly
• I didn't know there was a city at the jetties
Report, and pictures in the works.