Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Bolivar Marsh- East Bay When: August 16th Where: Stingaree Marina Start 7:25 End Time: 2:30 Trip Leader: Puck Phone: e-mail: PM here Trip Description:
Grab the yaks & boats, we are hitting the marshes around Stingaree Marina on Bolivar Peninsula. Aftewards, we'll have a late lunch at the restaurant.How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:$2 launch fee Directions:
Head to Galveston. Take the ferry across to Bolivar. Drive until you see the signs for Stingaree Marina. Turn there About the area:
Lots of marshes. You will cross in ICW, so wear a life jacket
! Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:
7-9 wt. Recommended Flies:
Clousers, seaducers, bendback, redfish cracksRecommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.