Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Back to Damon 7 LakesWhen:
October 11th, 2014 (2014-10-11-0700) Where:
Damon 7 Lakes, Damon, Tx Start
TDTF (Too Dark to Fish)Trip Leader:
281 dash ate 65 minus 3 to 16 e-mail:
doncpuckett at gee mail, or Send PM here, or post up. Trip Description: How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
$35Directions: http://www.mjacompany.com/directions.html About the area: http://www.mjacompany.com/7lakes.html
"Damon's Seven Lakes is a beautiful one-of-a-kind private fishing club located in Damon, Texas just west of Highway 36 between Rosenburg and West Columbia. Contrary to the name there are now nine different, unique lakes of good size that hold largemouth bass, tiger bass, catfish, black crappie, and bluegill. Catching bass in the three to five pound range is a normal occurance. Twelve pound bass and channel cats and twelve inch bream have been caught in the last two years."Important items:
• Member dues are current! Or you can pay your dues at this time.
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:
Canoe, kayak, or kickboat, (These are not needed, but it is a good time to try stuff out)
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Extra rodRecommended Flies:
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the roll-up door.