Fresh Water Outings > Outing Information Only

South Llano River Drift - June 6-8th, 2014, updated.....

<< < (2/6) > >>

Don Hanselman:
Puck  I bought a belly tube will this work? or just fish from bank.  I see if I can get a kitchen pass...This is my retirement month, I should be free...all is left is to burn off the days...
 ;D

Puck:

--- Quote from: Don Hanselman on April 10, 2014, 05:22:29 AM ---Puck  I bought a belly tube will this work? or just fish from bank.  I see if I can get a kitchen pass...This is my retirement month, I should be free...all is left is to burn off the days...
 ;D

--- End quote ---

Belly tube will work for the camp site, but not the float trip.  There is too much non-flowing water, followed by skinny water flowing fast.  I'd recomend renting a canoe from South Llano River Canoes and Kayaks (Curtis Thomas) 325 446 2220, and get a human trolling motor fishing partner to join you down the river.

Puck

Don Hanselman:
Thanks, Puck,,thought I would ask..

Puck:
No longer do we have a cabin. 

We now have 2 cabins and one campsite!

8 more A/C places are still open as of today, 2014-04-12.

Puck

Golden:
Check out 2 cool report on April 28, Yahoo says water above SH 87 is stained and non-productive almost like it was dead?  Water levels already low up that way too. What is going on. Has anybody checked the river flow rates yet.

Here is some recent news as of today.  Does not sound good.
http://www.llanonews.com/news/43053/

...and keep this on your 'puter it tells all

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=08151500

What is the plan if flows are worse than they are now?  What was the flow last year does anybody know?
With another month of drought I'd think we need a plan "B"! Might be the reason few are signing up.

What about the Colorado below Austin...looked like it's very productive, good accommodations near by probably could get a shuttle service pretty easy.  Ray R. has been hammering the fish down there too.  I don't know if I am even able to go yet due to my present work schedule. Plus my work partner (SIL) and family are all headed to Hawaii that week! Just an idea if things fall apart on the Llano.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version