Work in progress. Date is the only thing confirmed.Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent:
South Llano River float tripWhen:
12-14th of June, 2015 Where:
Junction, TxStart Time:
Friday afternoon at Morgan Shady Park
. Directions below.End Time:
Sunday at noon, or as close to it as we can get.Trip Leader:
281-865-32 one 6e-mail:
doncpuckett at geemale Trip Description: See below...
Day 1: The first meeting of the trip will be at Morgan Shady Park Directions
We’ll wadefish this area getting our casting skill honed, and practicing with various flies. Hot dogs and hambergers on the grill for dinner at Morgan Shady Park.
Day 2: Launch from just downstream of the State park with our livery service, and float down to Morgan Shady Park. Bob from Fun In The Sun (325) 446-7265 will provide our livery service. Currently (2014-05-12) he also has some kayaks for rent. Pizza from the new local pizza place at teh picnic tables at Morgan Shady Park.
Day 3: First crossing bridge where the river crosses US 377. We will fish downstream to the second crossing. This time I will bring a GPS.How to sign up:
1. Sign Up Here
2. On the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. Or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
Your food, transportation, and lodging/camping fees.
About $35 for both nights for A/C (more details to follow)[and you need to bring your own bedding and towels] The first 12 people that sign up will have the first shot at sleeping in A/C. We have all three rooms reserved, and they sleep 4 each.
About $15 for both nights tent camping. This depends on how many we get camping in tents. Directions: Directions to Morgan Shady Park
. About the area: About the State ParkImportant items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!Recommended Equipment:
Canoe or kayak
Neoprene or canvas boots to prevent burned feet
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Spare GPS batteriesRecommended Flies:
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.