Author Topic: GPS Location to Chocolate Bayou Boat Ramp...  (Read 97 times)

Don Hanselman

• View Profile
GPS Location to Chocolate Bayou Boat Ramp...
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »
I looked on Google Earth to see good directions from Katy to Chocolate Bayou Boat Ramp off of FM 2004 over bridge going South.  Here is the GPS Location: 29*12'41.76"N  95*12'31.70"W,  Elevation is  3ft for you Denver Fly Fisherman!!  It's a 1.5 hour drive from Katy area.  Come the best way thru Houston an get on Hwy 288S and exit on Hwy 6 to Alvin TX, to second Hwy 35 (Bypass) turn right at 1st National Bank on corner go around Alvin. Go about six miles passed Kroger's. Take a left on to FM 2917 go all the way to FM-2004.. Watch you speed, state trooper work these areas--Gas Station on your right which is the last place to buy gas, food and drinks... Turn right on to FM-2004 from gas station and go apprx 3.5 miles.  Go over the bridge exit right to boat ramp which is under the bridge. The west side of boat ramp is where most yak's launching is done.  I will go and look at the water to see how much fresh is in the bay and bayou...Remember you must have a freshwater license west of 2004 Bridge... any questions call me 713-816-0884. See at meeting!!
"GET THE NET IV"

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
Re: GPS Location to Chocolate Bayou Boat Ramp...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:43:05 PM »
I fished that area and launched a boat from that ramp  back in the 70s - 80s.  Dropped the wheels on the boat trailer off the  end of the launch slab several times. Underwater part washed out.   Just saying...... Check if you can.

Fabulous oyster reef in the middle of Chocolate Bay.  Check to see if it  off limits for eating.   They closed it because of up stream contamination just  before I quit fishing that area. Otherwise take your knife and crackers.  Elbow deep.