Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 439 times)

Texanist

• View Profile
New to the group
« on: October 31, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »
We missed last nights meeting and sorry we didn't get to hear Jerry. We were lucky enough to  meet him at Damon 7 the day we joined. About us, Colorado transplants. May or may not retire there. (We really like living in Texas)
Heard a lot about the great folks in Texas Fly Fishers, especially a gentleman named Puck. Nothing bad. Looking forward to the fly tying classes. And, looking forward to attending the meetings and outings.
Jerry

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
Re: New to the group
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
Welcome to TFF.
If you're interested,we have outings planned:
Nov 8, 9, 10,  Redfish Rodeo. Check the website for details.
This is one of our big events. I have heard that over 40 fly fisherman will compete from several of the other clubs in the state.

Should be FAB.
Dave

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »
Welcome! Great to have you in the club, and look forward to meeting and fishing. And please  - don't inflate Puck's ego any further... we'll never hear the end of it!

George
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

Puck

• Fishaholic
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »
And please  - don't inflate Puck's ego any further... we'll never hear the end of it!

George

Hey....

I resemble that remark.

:)

Puck
To fish, or not to fish?  What a stupid question!

Texanist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:24:36 PM »
Have been reading about the Red Fish Rodeo. Would love to go, but can't this year. Spent this past Saturday getting skunked at East Matagorda Bay. Really windy and muddy. Tried throwing flies, but kept hitting myself.  Couldn't even give shrimp away. Really looking forward to meeting you folks.

dunkingmidget

• View Profile
    • Personal FB
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »
Heyyo,  you say you're from Colorado? Which part? I moved down 6 months ago. Now where are you living?

Feel free to message me. Maybe we can watch the football game on December 22nd, when the Broncos are going to whoop the Texans.

Texanist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
Hey midget,
We're from Littleton, most recently. Have a place in Centennial. Came here in 1995, went back in 2000 and back here in 2005. Now, we are in Westbury.
Reach me at diverjc@hotmail.com. Would love to get together and lie about fishing, how much we love humidity and snow. BTW, love the politically incorrect name.