Archives - Salt Water > 2012 and previous

March Saltwater Outing -- Sheep Head

<< < (2/9) > >>

Puck:
We got an e-mail telling us that the event is moved to the 24th, due to weather.

I am already commited for the 24th, so I won't be able to make it.

Puck

Hunter Soape:
The forecast keeps changing, wind forecast is getting better and chances of rain vary according to where you look. Everybody keep your fingers crossed and pray for good weather.

alankulcak:
Looking at the weather the winds for saturday have improved much, how ever now on friday we have strong 30+ north winds.  and the rain is still at 60%.  My experiences with this type of weather in the past for east maty is that the north winds will pound on the south shoreline and make it a mud hole,  tides will drop and what ever shoreline was protected by the grass will be dry land leaving a narrow strip of workable shoreline and with the 90% cloud cover our odds are not good.  The north shoreline may be decent but there is not really any good spots to string out waders and sheeps are scarce as they do not parade down the shorelines like they do on the south shoreline.   I think it will be wise to reschedule it to the 24th.  Keep posted as Mike will notify everyone tonight.

Adam Colorado:
From WeatherUnderground.com as of 10:37am

Friday: Overcast with thunderstorms and a chance of rain. High of 70F. Winds from the WNW at 10-15 mph shifting to the NNE in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.

Friday PM: Overcast with thunderstorms and rain. Low 55F. Winds from NE 10-15mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amoundts near 1.0 inches possible

Saturday: Overcast with thunderstorms and rain. High of 68F. Winds from the NE at 10-15 mph shifting to the ESE in the afternoon. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.6 in. possible.

Saturday PM: Overcast with thunderstorms and a chance of rain. Fog overnight. Low of 55F. Winds from the SE at 10-15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Sunday: Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon. High of 73F. Winds from the SSE at 10-20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Looking more and more like some really poor weather.  I doubt the sheepshead mind, but after battling the weather 2 weeks ago in POC, I would certainly favor rescheduling and hoping for some decent weather.

Adam Colorado:
Guess I missed the email.  See yall on the 24th

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version