Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent:When: May 5, 2012 Where: CHRISTMAS BAY Start Time: 7:00AM End Time: 4:00PM Trip Leader: MIKE QUIGLEY Phone: 713-213-8150 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Trip Description: KAYAKING CHRISTMAS BAY AND SURROUNDING AREAS How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader noted above.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
No anticipated cost Directions: I-45 SOUTH TO GALVESTON TEXAS, TURN RIGHT ONTO 61ST STREET AND TAKE TO SEAWALL DRIVE, TURN RIGHT TILL YOU CROSS THE TOLL BRIDGE AT SAN LUIS PASS. PROCEED STRAIGHT TILL YOU HIT THE PARK ROAD THAT TAKES YOU DOWN TO THE RAMP About the area: EVERYTHING FROM SHALLOW MARSH TO DEEP PASS FISHING.Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wading Shoes and Sting Ray Guards
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment: 7-8 WTS. FLOATING LINES FOR THE FLATS AND INTERMEDIATE OR SINK TIP LINES FOR DEEPER WATER FISHING Recommended Flies: CLOUSERS, SEADUCERS, BENTBACK RATTLE FLYSRecommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.