Author Topic: April Saltwater Outing --- Christmas Bay  (Read 3899 times)

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: April Saltwater Outing --- Christmas Bay
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
OK y'all. The outing is this Saturday. It would be helpful if those who are going could check in on here. I'll be send out an email later this week to remind everyone as well. So far, the weather looks decent, but you know as well as I do, that this is subject to change!

Hope to see everyone out there!
333 - I'm only half bad!

Puck

• Fishaholic
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 04:45:20 AM »
I may be able to fish this new date!

Puck

No I won't.

Injured moving furniture.  I'm down and out.

Puck
To fish, or not to fish?  What a stupid question!

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 06:32:31 AM »
I'm planning to be there - will be fun and the forecast looks pretty good.

See you there

GDS
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 07:06:26 AM »
I may be able to fish this new date!

Puck

No I won't.

Injured moving furniture.  I'm down and out.

Puck

You big sissy! Take a Vicodin and come on down!!  ::)

j/k Hope you feel better soon!
333 - I'm only half bad!

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 08:16:16 AM »
Nick S. and I took a trip down on Thursday bearing the brunt of the weather conditions.  If you guys know Nick you know that his new baby son Luca and his job have been taking a lot of his personal time and so getting a chance to fish with him was my pleasure.  We wanted to fish the same areas that the TFF Kayakers were going to this up and coming weekend.  So here is your Christmas Bay/San Luis Pass Trip report complete with pictures.  Aftewr dropping the boat a the ramp Nick and I proceeded to turn the boat around and take-off to our first flat.  Too bad it was approximately fifty feet from the ramp.  Stuck-ola (partial observance of "Cinco de Mayo) but soon underway again. 

Here is a view of the impending weather we were about to face.

Looking back at our first stop of the day.

Once underway we headed to Christmas Bay and as you can see the Bay was very calm. Great view of the Beaver Tail B2's bow.

after our first release, check out the water clarity seen over the Beaver Tail's well thought out side console.

As we watch another swim off, check out the rod storage and ample gunnel room of the 2006 Beaver Tail Skiff.

After seeing one of these on the shoreline (actually down in Pringle Lake) I'll never walk the shores again. (Liar Liar)

Here is Nick enjoying a barefooted day on the water.  Also note the Beaver Tail's use of Sea Deck foam flooring..ohh so good on bare feet!

As we were headed back home after a wonderful day on the bay and behind the Pass. The lil Evinrude 60 quietly did it's thing!

So all in all you guys should have one heck of a time frolicking around in your plastic p-rows (Texan Spelling) this weekend.  Also Thanks to Big Mike for helping out...this pre-fishing report is for you Mr. Wormdrowner.  I am sure you can appreciate all of our efforts.  Special big thanks to Nick.  Every day on the water with you my friend is a ................. well a day on the water! Now can we just go back to work.... :o

....by the way the Photos are really for a guy interested in Buying a Beavertail who lurks here!  THAT IS ALL 8)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:22:55 AM by Golden »
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
Well, the turn out was more based on quality than quantity as there were only three of us. Eduardo, George & I started off fishing the south shoreline west of the launch. The conditions looked good, except for the wind. Unfortunately, someone forgot to inform the fish. We then decided to head into Churchill Bayou and Little Churchill Bayou.  The water was somewhat murky and despite our best efforts, we struck out. The wind may have been forecast at 10, but was easily 15+. This ensured our paddle back to the ramp from Churchill would be "entertaining".  Afterwards, George came up with the best suggestion of the day, which was lunch at Cafe Michael Burger just west of the seawall.

Thought we all got skunked, it was a beautiful day with good food & good friends. All in all, it was a success, IMHO.
333 - I'm only half bad!