Author Topic: June Saltwater Outing  (Read 2245 times)

Eduardo

Re: June Saltwater Outing
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 05:43:04 AM »
Mike
Here is my input:

July 23?  If you mean July 20-22 that sounds good to me for the one-fly.
June 8 is Llano trip.
June 22-24 for POC jetties is fine.

Eduardo

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 07:18:46 AM »
Thanks Ed. so ARE YOU ATTENDING EITHER OUTING? HAVE YOU SIGNED UP YET?  RAY AND I DID A LITTLE SCOUTING LAST WEEKEND AND THE TROUT WERE ONLY HAPPY TO OBLIGE. 

Here is the Muy Guapo just out of the Mechanic's shop.  Don't ask him what was wrong he does know it just started running again!

Here is Ray getting his gear together.  We had a beautiful day to start with, steady breeze out of the south but the water was skanky just about everywhere.

As the wind increased the chance of using our fly rods dimenished somewhat so we broke out the conventional stuff.
We doubled up several times and here is Ray holding two nice meals! The trout seemed to be fat but hungry and that was a good thing.

Still I had a few manageable problems with my boat but nothing we couldn't fix.   The cleaning table was busy with some Houston guys we met and spoke to.  They had a pile of fish including six flounder, four sheepshead, two reds, and a mackerel they caught out at the Jetties.... Just thought I'd drop that in for you Jetty fishers.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:59:14 AM »
Here is the Muy Guapo just out of the Mechanic's shop.

The boat might be "Muy Guapo" but the guys fishing from it were more like "Loco y Feo" !!!!!! :P  ;D
333 - I'm only half bad!

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 08:09:22 AM »
Mira...quien es hablar! :o

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 06:39:32 AM »
OK spoke with some of the guys last night and plans are set.  Kelly is bringing his boat and is taking Quigs with him. I am taking my boat and taking Ray with me. Who ever else is coming YOU NEED TO ARRANGE YOUR BOAT AND SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS ASAP. We will be hitting the jetties early Saturday morning from our land bases. The weather for this coming week is forecast to be unstable due to the hurricane off the Pacific Mexican coast.  I am amazed at the little response this outing has received. Especially at how well it has gone in the recent past. Oh well. Somebody Tie up some big uglies!See ya Friday evening at the Compound!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
If someone needs a place to sleep, we have two extra spaces in the place we are staying. Cost is only $25/person/night. Message me if you are interested.
333 - I'm only half bad!

Eduardo

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »
If I had boat ride, then I could use the
accomodations, but seems like this year it ain't gonna happen with a shortage on boats.

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 05:13:33 AM »
Ed, Who have you contacted about a boat ride? Maybe if you contact someone that might get them excited about going on the trip too.  Try the regulars. Send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Eduardo

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
No, I didn't call anyone.  I just saw by the postings and sign up sheet that the show of hands was low this year . 

I also wasn't real sure I could get away for the jetty trip, but that's all right, it'll give me time to catch up on home projects work.

You guys catch a bunch.

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:57 AM »
As previous, Ray Russ will be joining us.  So as I have it now. Ray and I on the Muy Guapo and Kelly, Mike  and Scott on Kel's boat. Anybody else who is coming must arrange their boat and accommodations.  Tide have been running high this week.  Hopefully they will decide to drop all day Saturday. Good hard falling tide could be just what the doctor ordered.  I would expect the Jetties to be HOT! 8) We will be fishing hard and probably getting up real early and fishing the ICW under the lights.

Here is a chart for the wind, tides, water and air temp, and barometric pressure.  Keep an eye on this. Click on Texas, then click on Port O'Connor. Hopefully the breeze will lessen.
http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/geographic.html

Check out the wind predictions, Yeah Baby!

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/port_oconnor_matagorda_bay
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:25:01 AM by Golden »

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

tbonerock

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 06:52:07 AM »
I would love to go but I am boatless.  Anyone with a boat that is on the fence let me know.  I will put in for my part of the gas.