Texas FlyFishers of Houston NEW OUTING DATEEvent: POC JETTY OUTING When: June 22-24, 2012 Where: PORT O'CONNOR TX. Start Time: 4:30 PM FRIDAY End Time: 4:30 PM SUNDAY Trip Leader: MIKE GRAHAM Phone: SEE SIGN IN SHEET e-mail: SEE SIGN IN SHEET Trip Description: .
Camping overnight out on the barrier island behind the POC jetties. This is a tough-it-out full bore outdoor experience where you might just catch anything.How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader. Presently the sign up sheet has the old date for the outing but we are going in JUNE.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
No anticipated cost (You may want to help your boat driver with a few dollars for his expenses, though.)Directions:.
Drive to Port O'Connor, Texas we'll be ferrying from Clark's Marina About the area:.
Sand covered island surrounds just inside the POC jetty. Great place to raise tents right next to the shoreline. Chance to catch everything from Snook to tarpon. Bring your heavier equipment. IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT COUNT ON CONTINUOUS BOAT SERVICE TO/FROM THE ISLAND OR FOR FISHING, UNLESS YOU BRING OR ARRANGE YOUR OWN! Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wading Shoes and Sting Ray Guards
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:.
8 wt minimum - 10 wts. most of the time. 12 wt. could be of useRecommended Flies:.
Large clousers, seaducers, spoonflys, streamers with lots of flash, finger mullet imitationsRecommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
I WILL BE THERE FRIDAY EVENING TO HELP GET PEOPLE OUT TO THE ISLAND BUT I ONLY HAVE A SMALL SCOOTER. I MAY HAVE A LARGER BOAT TO USE BUT WILL APPRECIATE SOME OF YOU BOAT OWNERS HELPING ME OUT WITH GETTING FOLKS OUT TO THE ISLAND. I AM SURE WE'LL GET IT SETTLED OUT BE FOR THE TRIP. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ATTENDED IN THE PAST, YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN STORE AND HOW MUCH FUN CAN BE HAD.