Author Topic: Louisiana Marshes - November  (Read 599 times)

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Louisiana Marshes - November
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 03:47:43 AM »
No. This is November 22nd. The Guadalupe is December 6th
333 - I'm only half bad!

Skip

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 07:35:45 PM »
Louisiana Marsh Update-

As you, the regulars of The Forum, know I don't frequent this site.  I much prefer to discuss trips by phone and e-mail.  But, for your benefit here is what I have to date.  The official date of the trip is Saturday, November 22nd.  I and several others are going up on Friday, the day before, to do a little exploring and fishing, as I have never been to Lake Calcasieu before. 

The Contraband Fly Casters (CFC), out of Lake Charles, Louisiana will be our hosts.  There will be a Captains Meeting on Friday evening at 6:00 pm at Jason's Deli located at 3527 Ryan Street in Lake Charles.  They had originally planned on having a fish fry at the same venue they hold their Expo at but due to the small amount of fishers signed up for the trip it was decided to get a room at a restaurant instead to save the expense.  At the meeting there will be a speaker by the name of Bill Heugel the subject of which will be Fish Senses. 

Following Bill's presentation we will have a general discussion on where and when we will meet the following day.  This decision will be based on water conditions on Saturday.  It has been discussed to probably get on the water early, fish till lunch or so, and then go back out again later in the day.  That may or may not be the final plan, just something that was discussed.  We will also assign fishers without boats to the various captains with space.  As of this date the CFC can take at least three fishers and we can take about three as well.  That will fit our needs as it stands but several people who have talked about joining us on this trip have not signed up, making it terribly hard to plan anything.

I have secured a lake house on Lake Calcasieu that will sleep eight to ten fishers.  Six spots are taken but we can add a couple of cots if necessary.  As it stands, it'll probably run about $40 per person for the two nights lodging but that will depend on the final count. 

From what I've been able to find out, a Louisiana non-residence fishing license will run $17.50 per day or $90.00 for an annual.  Seniors, over the age of sixty-five, who currently hold a senior saltwater fishing license in the State of Texas do not need any additional license.  The State of Louisiana will accept that license for fishing anywhere within the state, likewise Texas accepts theirs.  Now, please double check this yourself.  I talked to the Louisiana Captain of Enforcement and he quoted this to me but I had worked my way through several people from the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Department and none of them mentioned a word about it.

Want to discuss any of this?  Have any questions that I didn't cover?  Pick up the phone and give me a call.  I'm easy to get ahold of.

Skip~
713-822-0069

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 12:54:46 PM »
Thank you, Skip! I appreciate your work on this outing.
333 - I'm only half bad!

Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 06:13:52 AM »
I an in on this outing and  signed up on the "signup" outing sheet. Will be looking for a place to stay Friday and Saturday night.

"Bear"
Denis Auger