Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Bolivar MarshWhen: August 17th, 2013 Where: Meet at Stingaree Marina http://stingareerestaurant.com/ Start Time: 7:00 AM End Time: When we get tired Trip Leader: Michael Quigley Phone:713-213-8150 or 713-213-8037 e-mail:mfquigley at yahoo.com Trip Description: August is usually a bit quiet, but for those of us that will be itching to go fish, let's bring the kayaks out and hit the marshes on Bolivar. How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
Stingaree charges a $2 launch fee. You might bring some lunch money too. Their oyster po-boys and onion rings are REALLY good!Directions: 1295 N. Stingaree Rd Crystal Beach, Texas 77650 https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=1295+N.+Stingaree+Rd+Crystal+Beach,+Texas+77650&fb=1&gl=us&hq=1295+N.+Stingaree+Rd+Crystal+Beach,+Texas+77650&cid=0,0,2277959912174459414&ei=mNXdUaGZHMPsyQHU54GIBQ&ved=0CJ0BEPwSMAM About the area: Mostly shallow water, but you will cross the ICW, so be cognizant of boat traffic! Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment: Kayak, safety equipment, sunscreen, plenty of water/fluids, snacks, 6-9 wt rodRecommended Flies:Clousers, Seaducers, Spoonflies, Redfish Crack, Crab & Shrimp patterns.Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.