Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: POC ONE FLYWhen: July 28, 2012 Where: Port O'Connor Tx. Start Time: 5:00AM End Time: 4:00PM Trip Leader: Mike Graham Phone: 832-298-3855 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Trip Description: Carefully choose your favorite fly and catch as many fish with it as you can. No fair changing fly, adding sweetner, once it breaks off or falls apart your done! You can re-glue if necessary. Winner is contestant who amasses the most total inches of GAMEFISH using his ONE FLY. How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
No anticipated cost (You may want to help your boat driver with a few dollars for his expenses, though.)Directions: Google Port O'Connor Tx. Take 59 south to Ganado turn left to Hwy 35, take right to Port Lavaca and follow signs to Port O'Connor.
. About the area:Grass and sand flats everywhere. Not easily fished from Kayak unless you are strong paddler or have a big boat to fairy you out. Front beach is hot right now too.Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wading Shoes and Sting Ray Guards
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:6 to 8 wt. for ishore action, 10 - 12 wt. for Jacks, tarpon or kings if you want to venture out off shore. Recommended Flies: Clousers, sea-ducers, crabs, and mullet imitationsRecommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.