Author Topic: REDFISH RODEO!!!! November 9th  (Read 3832 times)

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: REDFISH RODEO!!!! November 9th
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 06:35:29 AM »
Good Lord, Don! You're driving from Alvin to Port Isabel, back to Alvin and then back to Rockport? I'd say the heck with that and just fish my way up the coast and meet us in Rockport.

I'd catch a ride to split fuel $$, but Puck & I are leaving from Katy. 
333 - I'm only half bad!

Don Hanselman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »
We will spend the night in Victoria with sister...and then drive back to Alvin... I'm still working, Will retire in June and then I will be able to go whenever...
I will see ya'll in Rock Port. Friday evening..

"GET THE NET IV"

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »
You are the man Don! Thanks...

Just a short note here Saturday night.  I have inadvertently left my phone in (of all Places!) Port O'Connor, TX when down to help John P. today at his RV.  While there I left my phone in his RV and returned "phone less" . I plan to return to POC tomorrow BUT... you never know i just might not retrieve until thursday.  Contact Mike Q for matters concerning the REDFISH RODEO. See first thread above for his contact info. return here for updated info.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Don Hanselman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »
Have fun! and be careful!!
"GET THE NET IV"

dunkingmidget

• View Profile
    • Personal FB
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 07:03:52 AM »
Dunkin,

I'm at 99/Westheimer pkwy. Let's plan on traveling together. I'm thinking about taking a half day, driving down in the afternoon.

Bob

Bob- I sent you an e-mail. In case you didn't get it, I'll repeat here:

I can be at your house by noon / 12:30. I wanted to ask if you'd be able to drive, because I don't know when you want to return to Houston. Some guys are staying down there to fish on Sunday, so if you want to leave early Sunday morning (or even Saturday night, or whenever), then I can grab a ride back with the folks I'll be fishing with. However, if you want to fish Sunday too, then I'll have no issue driving us down there!

Feel free to call me at:  seven13-eight5seven-eight9O2

tbonerock

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
I fished Brown and Root Sat and Sunday, Rockport / Port Aransas area.  Saturday was a wash.  Water very high and winds even higher (18 – 20 mph).  Water too high to see tails in the AM and the wind made it impossible to cast except down wind also the wind made many little riffles in the waves so visibility was horrible.  I saw 3 fish, one was a big bull that bolted the second I saw him.  My efforts were awarded with a piggy perch though. 

Sunday, the water was still up so the tails were nowhere to be seen in the morning except one, spooked him.  I spent the morning blind casting.  I did not see much for bait or movement in the water.  Starting to wonder why I made the drive down.  About 9:15am the sun was getting up and the wind was about half from the day before, so I stood up in my kayak and started looking for fish.  After about 20 minutes I started to see reds.  Landed 2 reds in the next 2 hours, one about 20in the other about 15in.  Missed the set on another 3 and spooking about 8 more, one big bull.  Unfortunately it was time for me to head back to Houston once thing got started.  When standing up in my kayak I could see more bait.  Little black fish were the majority of what was around, going to tie some black clousers for this weekend. 

Let’s hope the water drops before this weekend. 

Travis

Don Hanselman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 05:03:44 PM »
I change my mind I will take off Friday...I'm going to get boat in morning and Will be in Rock Port around lunch time on Friday.. Let me know if you want to go for a ride an look around.  I will have my 10 WT rod, I used it yesterday in a pond an caught some four inch perch practice catching big fish...Hee! Hee! I really like the way it cast.
"GET THE NET IV"

dunkingmidget

• View Profile
    • Personal FB
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »
It may be too late for this weekend's trip, but I want to help out with how we organize carpooling. We're going to see how this pans out...

Below is a link to a Common Document. Anybody who goes to the below website can view (and edit) an Excel spreadsheet. I created this spreadsheet so people attending the Redfish Rodeo can see who else is driving down there. Add your name to the list and fill out all of the appropriate information. And since the date is approaching rapidly... ENTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER. I'll take ownership of organizing anybody who fills out their information on this sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqZviw_Xz-2FdER3SHdkQ3JNZVhsRFlGcnpWejlxQkE&usp=sharing

Puck

• Fishaholic
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 05:19:14 AM »
I'll take ownership of organizing anybody who fills out their information on this sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqZviw_Xz-2FdER3SHdkQ3JNZVhsRFlGcnpWejlxQkE&usp=sharing

This is a great idea.  Thanks for the help.

Puck
To fish, or not to fish?  What a stupid question!

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 05:27:30 AM »
Great Idea. Thanks, Mike!
333 - I'm only half bad!

Ablacque

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 05:51:47 AM »
Guys, am back in the land of the living and am planning on fishing. If there is no room on any boats I will kayak. Let me know the status. Thanks

Alex
It is better to have hole rather than an a@#hole in your team. Unless its on your fishing boat :-)

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 07:45:43 AM »
Please sign up/pay if you haven't done so yet. Paypal is preferred but if you are bringing us a check, please let me know.
333 - I'm only half bad!

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:58 AM »
Sorry I can't make the event this year, guys... wish I could join the group  :'(

Have a great time, be safe, catch lots of fish, and make up plenty of stories.
George
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 08:40:46 AM »
Wish you could be there, George. Your absence will definitely be noticed.
333 - I'm only half bad!

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 05:09:46 AM »
Don't forget, if you wait and pay at the door the price goes up from $45 to $55! Pay early and save!
333 - I'm only half bad!