Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent:
Back to Damon Seven LakesWhen:
Damon 7 Lakes, Damon, TxStart Time:
Dark or TDF (Too Dark to Fish)Trip Leader:
PM from this boardTrip Description:
This is a "fishing only" trip. No lunch is provided. If you know what you want for lunch, bring it with you
Fishing from the shore but float tubes and kayaks are quite successful. How to sign up:Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost: Day pass costs, $40 for TFF members in good standingDirections: http://www.mjacompany.com/map-big.htmlAbout the area: http://www.mjacompany.com/7lakes.html Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. Download here
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:
Canoe, kayak, or kickboat, (These are not needed, but it is a good time to try stuff out)
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Extra rodRecommended Flies:
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the designated sign in point.