Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent:When:
Bolivar Pocket (by the North Jetty)Start Time:
7 AMEnd Time:
3 PMTrip Leader:
713-213-80 three 7 or alternatively 713-213-81 five 0e-mail:
MFQuigley at Yahoo.com Trip Description:
I talked to Marcos today and based on what he has heard, he suggested that we hit the Bolivar pocket near the North jetty. This would allow both kayaks & wading If the wind is not what want, we can slip over to the other side of the peninsula and fish Sievers Cut.
I will post map links, directions, etc. in the near future,How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
No anticipated cost (You may want to help your boat driver with a few dollars for his expenses, though.)Directions: About the area:
This should be fine for both kayakers and waders. The bottom is sandy with some mud in spots.Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wading Shoes and Sting Ray Guards
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• PFD if fishing from a kayak!Recommended Equipment:
7wt - 9 wt. Might use a 10 if some jacks show up.Recommended Flies:
Clousers, SeaDucers, Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.