Fresh Water Outings > Outing Information Only

March 2013, White Bass... Upper Guad - Cancelled....

(1/3) > >>

Dave Kelly:
Nobody signed up.  Trip cancelled

Texas FlyFishers of Houston
Event:

When:     2nd March, 2013
Where:   Upper Guad - above Canyon Lake   
Start Time:  0700
End Time:    Just before dark
Trip Leader: Matt Blythe  "Puck"
Phone:       
e-mail:     PM here   

Trip Description:

How to sign up: Sign Up Here, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here Required  Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.

Cost: No anticipated cost (You may want to help your boat driver with a few dollars for his expenses, though.)

Directions:   Google Map directions from Houston

About the area:  See the scouting report.....

Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.  ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit

Recommended Equipment:

Recommended Flies:

Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.

CarpMan:
My suggestion is for this to be on the upper Guad - above Canyon Lake. During March they have a run of white bass and big stripers. Its kayak friendly but would probably involve putting in and kayaking up stream and then floating back. Its flat water with almost no rapids so its not too bad. I would be willing to lead this one - unless Puck has a better plan?
Matt

Puck:

--- Quote from: MattBlyth on November 15, 2012, 09:35:23 PM ---My suggestion is for this to be on the upper Guad - above Canyon Lake. During March they have a run of white bass and big stripers. Its kayak friendly but would probably involve putting in and kayaking up stream and then floating back. Its flat water with almost no rapids so its not too bad. I would be willing to lead this one - unless Puck has a better plan?
Matt

--- End quote ---

I like it!

Let me have some dates, and details, and we can make it happen!

Puck

CarpMan:
Looks like early March would be best  - but I completely forgot I have a business trip out of the country around then. I will see what I can work out.

Puck:
I'm in.

Let's figure out what date.

Puck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version