Author Topic: What to do in November?  (Read 493 times)

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
What to do in November?
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:49:50 AM »
We don't have anything on the calendar that I'm aware of for November.  Do any of you salties want to get together? I was thinking somewhere not too far from home, but am open to suggestions. Maybe the marshes on Bolivar or around GISP? ANWR? I just would like to wet a line with some friends.
333 - I'm only half bad!

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
Re: What to do in November?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
Maybe this is a good time to explore some new  turf and report back to the November meeting.  Divide into groups of 2 and check the ox-bow's on Bastrop Bayou, or the Cedar Lake's and Cow Trap at the mouth of the San Bernard River. ( Puc k says he  has fished Cow Trap but is keeping very quiet about it.)

Chocolate Bay has a massive oyster reef in its middle and deep grass lined cuts around it.

Take pictures, put them on a CD and tell Jim R you need viewing stuff....... Either as part of the meeting or before the meeting.

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:10:14 AM »
We are pulling together an out at Sabine on November 17th. This will be a kayak outing. We will be able to hit the area around the Lower Neches Wildlife Management Area. This will be a great time to fish the Sabine & Neches areas without the worry of toothy reptiles (and I don't mean the elected ones!). Mike will have details & a signup sheet posted shortly. It's an opportunity to pre-burn those Thanksgiving calories! Hope you can make it out!
333 - I'm only half bad!

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
Ok you Kayakers it's time to come out of the closet.  Sign up for the Sabine Refuge Outing or I will nominate you for latrine clean up at the sunfish spectacular where Puck has been know to Ruin the outhouses.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Puck

• Fishaholic
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
That special paper only chapped a few a$$e$.

Puck
To fish, or not to fish?  What a stupid question!