Author Topic: Greens Bayou  (Read 472 times)

JSimpson

• View Profile
Greens Bayou
« on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »
Hello All,

Thought I would post up and see if anyone else has fished Greens Bayou. Tried it myself after work twice this week. I live off 59 North, so it's on my way home from work. Went out on Wednesday evening, tried a black wooley bugger for about 30 minutes with no takers. Tried tonight again, using a yellow streamer, and below is the result. Saw a fair amount of turtles and jumping mullet, was hoping to get into some bass or panfish, but only a catfish. Time was limited, so we'll see if it gets better.

Anyone else try this area? I was east of 59, south of BW8 off E Mount Houston. Easy access and nobody around.

JSimpson

• View Profile
Re: Greens Bayou
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »
Also open to any input regarding fly selection. Although my time has been limited so far, I do plan to try and get out at least once a week. I've seen a lot of posts regarding White Oak bayou, and assume fishing in Greens Bayou should be similar. Maybe I'll try some topwater action next time - have some store-bought poppers as well as some foam poppers I've tied myself, so a good selection to try out.

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
Re: Greens Bayou
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
My  suggestion would be to look at the flies in the pictures on the website.
Also look at 2coolfishing.com and the flies they are using on the hill country stream, they are a lot like what I see being used for WO.