Author Topic: October Saltwater Outing --- Redfish Rodeo Updated 10-10-2012  (Read 2451 times)

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
October Saltwater Outing --- Redfish Rodeo Updated 10-10-2012
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:38:02 PM »
Attention!   Attention!    Attention!   Attention!   Attention!   Attention!    Attention!   Attention!    Attention!   Attention!   Attention!   Attention!

Due to the extremely low number of entries received to date, the 26th Annual Redfish Rodeo, scheduled for October 20th in Rockport, Texas, has been cancelled with no makeup date planned. All entry fees that have been received will be returned ASAP. If you have any questions concerning this, feel free to contact me at the numbers / e-mail listed below. Thank you to those that sent in your entries and I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Tight lines, Chris Sumers
Event Chairman

Texas FlyFishers of Houston
Event:The 26th Annual Redfish Rodeo

When:       
Where:     
Start Time: 
End Time:   
Trip Leader: Chris Sumers, Event Chair
Phone:       713-702-6712 (Cell)
e-mail:        christopher.sumers@halliburton.com

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:38:44 AM by Animal Chris »

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
Re: October Saltwater Outing --- Redfish Rodeo
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:57 AM »
OK YOU SALTIES THIS OUTING IS EXACTLY ONE MONTH AWAY...WHO IS GOING TO THIS THING?  IF YOU PLAN ON GOING I NEED YOU TO POST UP HERE THAT YOU ARE SUPPLYING SUCH AS 1.) RIDE TO ROCKPORT, 2.) HAVE A BOAT AND WILL TAKE A RIDER OR TWO, 3.) WHERE YOU ARE STAYING, IF YOU NEED A ROOMY OR TWO TO SHARE EXPENSES, 4.) WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING IN THE WAY OF FOOD AND DRINKS, 5.) WHEN YOU WILL BE LEAVING AND WHEN YOU PLAN TO RETURN. 6.) HOW YOU PLAN TO FISH ETC....

COME ON GUYS LET'S GET THIS RODEO ON THE MOVE. I SIGNED UP TODAY AND WAS VERY SURPRISED TO SEE NOBODY HAS LISTED YET ...WHAT THE HEY! THIS IS THE BIG EVENT OF THE YEAR AS FAR AS SALTWATER OUTINGS. I WANT TO HAVE A GOOD SHOWING OF OUR PEOPLE THERE, NOT JUST THE ROCKPORT OR TOO COOL CONTINGENT. CALL ME IF YOU NEED SOME HELP GETTING INFO.  RIGHT NOW ALL I KNOW IS THE DATE AND THE DRIFTERS IS OUR HEADQUARTERS.  CHRIS SUMMERS IS THE CHAIR FOR THIS OUTING SO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT PM HIM FOR ANSWERS.

LET'S GO FISHING!

GOLDEN
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:51:40 AM by Golden »
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

CarpMan

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
Mike - there is no info about the trip filled out on the forum page - no date either. Probably why.

If its the weekend of the 21st then unfortunatley I am out.
Cheers
matt

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »
If it's the 27th-28th, I'll be down at Aransas Pass on a trip with Dean Thomas
333 - I'm only half bad!

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:52:38 AM »
The outing is slated for the 20th of October.  So Mikey will get to fish the AP twp weeks in a row if you participate.  I don't know why the info page has not been filled out.  The outing chair for this outing is Chris Summers.  If you have any questions please PM or contact Chris.  Heck he hasn't even signed up as of yet??? He explained at the last meeting that some of the folks will be staying at the drifters resort and our awards program and dinner will be held there too.  I will need to share a boat with someone...hint hint to George S. (get out of the curry and close that deal brother). Ill be interested in only fishing down there on Saturday and then returning to POC that nite after the dinner. I'll fish Sunday from my boat (he said with fingers crossed) and then return to Houston.  If that fit anybody itinerary let me know.

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »
I'm signed up and ready to go! Hard to guess at this point, but I'd place the probability of having a skiff by the event at 50%. I'm in the market, if anyone knows of a good skiff at a good price.

Any details on lodging, meeting places, etc? I'm up for getting a cabing at Drifters if there are any available...

C'mon saltwater guys... we need more people - particularly boat owners!

George
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
I was able to reserve lodging at Drifters... you might want to move quickly if you're interested; they tell me there are some units still available but they might go quickly. Pretty fair pricing, about $100/ night.

Just sayin'...

GDS
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
This is strange, the sign up page has disappeared!  Dave put it back up so we can see who has signed in and who hasn't.  There is no way for me to keep up with who needs what so I can assist with boats or rides.  The entry forms have been set up (look in first post on this thread) and for those participating please download and send in with your money ASAP.  Phil Stranahan is going to participate...way to go Phil.  I will be staying there with a couple of other TFF'ers. Also Phil told me that he has a couple of extra kayaks if somebody needs one.  Contact me and I will tell Phil.   

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
Down load the PDF at the bottom of the page.

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:42 PM »
Downloading the PDF is fine and dandy for submitting the entry. Mike still needs the on-line sign up form so that he can match boats and people. We really need that page back up for this as well.
333 - I'm only half bad!

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »
Mike needs to discuss this with the outing leader. Both have the permissions neccessary to insert that code in the posting.

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »
If you plan on attending the Redfish Rodeo please let it be known here.

The Announcement Page pdf at the bottom of the First thread above has an attachment which is the SIGN-UP page.  That is what Dave said above.  The address to send the sign-up page to is given there. 

Here is what I know so far.  Contact these folks below by PM or phone thru our websites' sign in sheet.
Member         Boat            Rider(s)           Accommodations              Committed to attend
Chris S.             has boat     pending              staying in RV
Jack K.              has boat    1 spot available   Pending                           attending
Mike Q.                               needs ride          staying at Drifters            attending if has ride
George S.        pending       needs ride          staying at Drifters            attending if has ride   
Mike G.                               needs ride          staying at Phil's               attending if has ride
John P.             has boat                                                                         not committed 
John C.            has boat                                                                          not commited

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS THE SIGN UP PAGE HAS BEEN REATTACHED TO THE OPENING THREAD OF THIS OUTING...SEE GREEN PRINTING. IF YOU ARE GOING PLEASE SIGN UP HERE

Thanks Dave Kelly for your help!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:16:49 PM by Golden »

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
Mike,

You might add Jack to the list. He signed up on the 25th according to the sheet. If he is bringing his boat, he will have room for one or two if the spaces aren't already reserved.
333 - I'm only half bad!

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 02:18:34 PM »
I knew that!!! Must have been a senior moment :o!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
Spoke with Jerry Loring this evening. He has family things that weekend and can't make it.
333 - I'm only half bad!