Event: SABINE REFUGE

When: NOVEMBER 17, 2012       
Where:MEET BENEATH RAINBOW BRIDGE AT MARINA LOT       
Start Time: 8:OO AM 
End Time:4:30 PM   
Trip Leader: MIKE QUIGLEY - MIKE GRAHAM
Phone713-213-8037 OR 832-298-3855:       
e-mail:USE FORUM PERSONAL MESSAGING       

Trip Description: BRING YOUR KAYAKS OR CANOES TO THE SABINE MARSH LOCATED UNDER THE BIG BRIDGE.  FISH FOR BIG REDFISH, TROUT, FLOUNDER AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT YOU COULD CATCH A STRIPER HERE TOO.   
How to sign up: Sign Up Here on line, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download here Required  Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: No anticipated cost (You may want to help your boat driver with a few dollars for his expenses, though.)

Directions: I-10 EAST TO BEAUMONT EXIT HWY 69 EAST TOWARDS PORT AUTHUR TX. EXIT HWY 73 NORTH TOWARDS BRIDGE CITY.  EXIT GULFWAY DRIVE TO MARINA PARKING LOT   

About the area: MARSH CANALS AND OPEN REFUGE MARSH

Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wading Shoes and Sting Ray Guards
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit

Recommended Equipment: 6 WT. TO 8 WT.

Recommended Flies:yOUR FAVORITE REDFISH POPPERS AND SEADUCERS, REDFISH CRACK, CLOUSERS

Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.

Golden:
So far we have Marcos, Joe, and Mike Quigley + myself.  Com'n yakers this one is for you.

CarpMan:
Damn! I would love to go but that is the same weekend as the US Formula 1 race in Austin and I will be there all weekend.

Matt

Joe French:
Could someone give more information about put in and where we are fishing. I looked at Sabine Refuge which is in Louisana.

I am assuming we are fishing in Texas!

Joe

Wormdrowner:
If I'm not mistaken:

http://www.yellowpages.com/port-arthur-tx/mip/ancelets-marina-462557714?lid=462557714

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version