Author Topic: Belize Anyone  (Read 541 times)

ScottB

• View Profile
Belize Anyone
« on: July 30, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »
A couple of us are headed to Belize in October.  The trip is through Orvis to El Pescador, 4 nights lodging and 3 days fishing. Leaving here October 29th.

Deal is pay single occupancy rates, and a friend goes for free.  Cost $3,070 split between the two of you and excludes airfare to Belize City and some other stuff.  Go look for yourself on the Orvis website.   

Here is a link to the page on Orvis.com.  Not sure if the link will work but you're smart and can figure it out.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=28XX1100&dir_id=22592&group_id=2981&cat_id=13879&subcat_id=13944

If you want to go, contact Jason or Jeremy at the number listed on the website.  PM me for more details.

Scott B

PS:  Not hawking Orvis over any other vendor.  They sent me the email and I followed up on it.

Animal Chris

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Belize Anyone
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »
Scott,

You should have a good time. El Pescador is a nice lodge with friendly staff. The only thing that might "dampen" things a bit is the weather. October can bring a larger than normal frequency of thundershowers and quite possibly, tropical weather. A couple of recommendations I have are 1) purchase trip insurance and 2) be sure to pack a good lightweight rain suit.

Our last trip was in October and we had a disturbance that floated over us, off and on for 5 days. The good thing was that we were never rained out but, when we got rained on, it was in buckets. The good thing was that it didn't effect the fishing. We caught a lot of bonefish, 2-5 lbs., and some small tarpon. For the bonefish, it was #4 and #6 Pearl Gotcha's and for the tarpon, we had our best luck on some #4 #2 glass minnows (blue back, white belly with a thin yellow strip (lateral line) with a painted yellow and black eye on a black head. I'll try to get a photo of the glass minnow posted. Also, be sure to pack some barracuda flies.

Tight lines, Chris

Bear

• View Profile
Re: Belize Anyone
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »
I may be intrested in going.

Bear