Author Topic: Guadalupe One Fly  (Read 5497 times)

CarpMan

Re: Guadalupe One Fly
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 08:28:44 AM »
Good morning - just 5 days of work to go before the fishing starts :)

So we still have the same number of people signed up so far - not a huge turnout so I will see what I can do about rustling up some people. Here is where we stand so far:

Team           Name                                   Wade/Float           Lodging         
1                  Matt Blyth                            Both                      Own
                    George Sutherland              Both                      Riverside Cabin

2                  Jared Feig                            Both                      ??
                    Mike Graham                        Both                      Riverside Cabin

3                  Scott Breedlove                   Wade                   Riverside Cabin
                    Michael Quigley                    Wade                   Riverside Cabin

4                  Jerry Loring                          Wade                   ?? (Attendance unsure at the moment)         
                    Michael Hart                         Wade                   Hotel

I still need to confirm that Jerry is coming as apparently he is trying to rearrange a business meeting. ScottB is trying to rearrange his plans after holding his own competition as week ahead of everyone else. :) If Scott and Jerry cannot come then I will pair up the two Mike's.

Matt
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:04:33 AM by MattBlyth »

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:29 AM »
Mike Q has confirmed the cabin at Rio Raft. So confirmed are: Mike Graham, Mike Quigley, George Sutherland. Scott was prevously confirmed, we'll see if he can make Round 2. Haven't heard from Jared.

We can accomodate four in beds, one on the sofa (don't think it folds out), and floorspace.

George
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »
Just to let you know; as Scott was planning on wading, I planned that as well and did not borrow a kayak. This may have some bearing on pairings if Scott can't make it and I need to be paired with someone else (repaired?!?!  :P ). Hopefully, Scott can make it and it'll be a moot point.
333 - I'm only half bad!

CarpMan

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2012, 05:32:02 PM »
ScottB has confirmed so you should be good to go!
Matt

ScottB

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
Yes, I will be there.  My "pre-fishing trip" was a bit of a surprise but gave me a good laugh at myself. I was very surprised you guys were not there! First thing was to find a place to stay. Ended up staying at the Maricopa Inn. I was the only guest.  It was a great place to stay.

Fished on Saturday. Caught a 16" and a 21" trout. Later on I was fishing with midge nymphs and caught a 4" perch.

I'll try to attach a picture of the trout later.

See you all Friday.

ScottB

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »
Well I just found out that Jared won't be able to make it...so I need a partner! Also Jared was going to ride down with me and share expenses, anybody else need a ride???  Especially one that has knowledge of the river.  I have none.  ScottB You got another hall pass ...way to go brother.  8)
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

CarpMan

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
Mike

Mike Hart is an experienced troutfisherman but new to the river and to this area. I dont think Jerry is going to be coming either so you two could pair up. I will put you in contact with each other by email.

Cheers
Matt

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »
I also spoke with Denis Auger he is still on the reserve list but will let me know real soon.  Mike Hart... does he realize what he is in for!!!! ;D

PM me his info I will war ...er I mean call him tonight.  Thanks Matt
Cheers (I guess) or is it Cheers Matt. What are cheers anyway? I don't hear anybody screeming!  ....yet

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

CarpMan

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
Right - as of Wednesday morning this is where we stand with teams and people

Team           Name                                   Wade/Float          Lodging         
1                  Matt Blyth                            Both                     Own
                    George Sutherland              Both                     Riverside Cabin

2                  Michael Hart                         Both                     Hotel
                    Mike Graham                        Both                     Riverside Cabin

3                  Scott Breedlove                   Wade                   Riverside Cabin
                    Michael Quigley                    Wade                   Riverside Cabin

Scott/Mike - do you think you will bring kayaks? It might help access the river better. Also it seems the fishing can be tough at the moment due to the number of other people fishing the river so a kayak could let you access the less fished sections. The plan is still to meet at 8am at Rio Raft...looking at where people are staying i guess meeting at the rental cabin would be the best bet.
Matt

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
I will borrow Kelly's kayak and bring it along.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:41:22 PM by Wormdrowner »
333 - I'm only half bad!

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
Great Mikey, I will have my cataraft too.  Should make for neat fun in the evenings with some drys!

Mike H. as I said earlier on this thread Denis Auger was originally on the "Injured Unable to Perform" list but has up graded to "Ready Willing and Able".  He will be staying in the cabin with us and if you don't mind will accompany you and I on the river. I hope this is OK by you.  We are still the soon to be winning team, Denis will team with another if someone shows up!

Scott. I am going to call your wife and tell her all about the new shoes ...and oh yeah the purse that you are going to buy her just for letting you go two weeks in a row! It will still be worth it!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

ScottB

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »
The avalanche is out of whack so I cannot bring the kayak. I'll rent one there.

Mike,  I am truly lucky. The shoes will most likely be a new set of soccer cleats; purse is a backpack.

Scott

It is this weekend, right?  :)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:37:34 PM by ScottB »

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
One-fly fishers:

I'll head out to the Gaudalupe tomorrow afternoon, and plan to check in at Rio Raft around 5:00. That's official check-in, but if you arrive earlier you may be able to enter the cottage if it is ready. Should be able to fish the area in front of the cabin tomorrow afternoon when you arrive. When you enter the resort the cottages will be on your right. The one we have reserved is a two story, with two bedrooms. We can declare one room a snoring room, the other a heavy snoring room. Look for a white F-250 crew cab out front. Come on in, grab a bunk, take a beer from the cooler, and hope you have the right place.

Right now we have four confirmed for the riverside cotage; room for one more on the sofa. Any takers?

See you out there...
George

Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »

I will take the extra spot if I don't already have one. If some else needs the spot, I can stay at my daughter's home a few miles away.

Golden and I are leaving early Friday morning to do some netting & staking out a few fish for Mikes fish count on Saturday.

Denis Auger

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
Denis it is yours! First come first serve for beds and sofa. I'll grab a bunk in the heavy snoring room and bring a pack of ear plugs.