Author Topic: Fence Lake this year  (Read 508 times)

CarpMan

Fence Lake this year
« on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
Any plans for the club to fish Fence Lake again this year? Perhaps later in the fall? Could it be combined into the redfish rodeo?

Cheers
Matt

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
Re: Fence Lake this year
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »
Hey Matt that could be an idea but as far as combining the two that I don't think would play out well.  First we get better attendance if we hold the Redfish Rodeo closer to home if you know what I mean.  Also the RR has been a very low expense high reward outing for years...why tack on the cost of the additional miles worth of fuel, ferry boat, and a place to stay.  In POC there are quite a few lodges that are very affordable with quick access to the water also there are quite a few of us there (POC) that can put up some of the guys who are not able to afford accommodations.  Nothing during the summer in Rockport to Port Aransas is very affordable and quick!  Just my opinion.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »
 Matt, the RR was originally conceived and created by the GCCA as a fund raiser. Their activities expanded to the point that they ask the TFF to take over its operation with the above goal. Which we did.

TFF has used the RR, as did GCCA, to raise funds and the club then makes a donation to a local conservation project. 

The Redfish Rodeo should alway be looked upon and promoted as a profit producing outing for the above reason.

CarpMan

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:36:51 PM »
Fair enough gents - I am just looking to fish Fence Lake again at some point.:)