Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Irish Backyard Bayou AdventureWhen:
Saturday, March 17th, 2012 ST PATRICK'S DAY! Where: Map from the center of HoustonStart Time:
After breakfast, TBDEnd Time:
Golden and PuckPhone: e-mail:
PM hereTrip Description: FISHERS MUST BE WEARING GREEN
while walking the banks of White Oak Bayou in search of big green "trout". Failure to do so may result in being responsible to provide the green dye for the liquid refreshments! How to sign up: Sign Up On Line Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
No anticipated cost (You may want to help your partner with a few dollars for his beer, though.)Directions: Map from the center of Houston About the area:
Yes this is a well kept Bayou, however the banks can be pretty steep. Also, since this is a Houston Bayou you might expect to see snakes and critters of all kinds so... care should be taken by all.Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:
3-5wt fly rod with floating lineRecommended Flies:
Flashy Subsurface Minnow looking flies
More to followRecommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times. This doesn't apply this time, but still a good idea.
• Sign in and sign out at the meeting site.