Author Topic: White Oak Lakes - HOT!  (Read 449 times)

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
White Oak Lakes - HOT!
« on: May 27, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
As you know over the past few weeks the White Oak Lakes have been producing small bass in huge numbers.  I have been experimenting using different types of tackle and presentations.  For numbers the most effective presentation has been a #4 bead head olive wooley bugger.  Closely followed by the foam bodied spider in an orange color.  I would recommend for your tiers tie up a dark  orange and black dragon fly pattern (they're everywhere).  As the water is so very clear and gets fairly deep out in the centers of the ponds you should also bring some deep stuff like intermediate line and larger patterns.  I have been using some conventional ultralight equipment 6lb. test floro leader, 1/16th oz. screw head worm weight and a six inch power worm in tequila sunrise color.   Another good approach is using an unweighted 3" bass assassin work along the grass beds early.  Wow I got some real aggressive hits using that.  You will definitely catch bigger fish using these setups. Also been having a lot of fun with very small deep diving crankbaits.  They hammer them hard.  Here are some recent photos taken over last several weeks. Hope you enjoy.

Mike Q scoping out the deep water in front of him.

Here is what he was looking at. Clear enough?

Flyfishers wading the ponds without worrying about STRING RAYS!

Look how pretty this water is...make for some sightcasting fun!

This spot was hot as a pistol.

Fishing does not disturb the lake!

Here is what you can expect to catch...all day long.

This one fought twice his size. Caught on a #2 worm hook, 1/16th oz. worm weight and a 6" power worm.

I think this is a neat photo.

Here is one that hit the 3" Bass Assassin.

I was wondering where the perch were.  Well here is one of two caught on this worm.

Here is one on the deep diving crank bait.

Watch out for this guy or at least cover your ears.

This place is fun and will only get better especially if TFF helps.  Call me if you want to team up over here. I am thinking we can probably use kayaks or inflatables here without a problem as long as we don't launch thirty craft at one time! I am taking my inflatable over this evening and try it out.  See Ya.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:21:34 PM by Golden »
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

CarpMan

Re: White Oak Lakes - HOT!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »
Mike

Anything hitting poppers?

Where are these lakes? Looks fun.

Matt

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: White Oak Lakes - HOT!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »
Matt,

Yes, they'll hit poppers. I got bored catching them on a woolly bugger and switch to a frog popper and had a blast. Mike & I hit it again yesterday morning, this time in our kickboat/kayaks. The bite wasn't quite as furious as the last time, but it was still pretty darn good!

The area is located right across from the store where we met up at for the St Pat's day outing, Holister & West Little York.
333 - I'm only half bad!