Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: John Scarborough Sunfish Spectacular When:
28th April, 2012 (Easter is the 8th, Auction is the 14th, MS-150 is the 21st) Where:
Damon 7 Lakes, Damon, TxStart Time:
0700 hrsEnd Time:
Dark, or later Trip Leader:
“Puck” Don C. Puckett Phone:
Use PM on forum if you don’t already have Puck’s e-mail. Trip Description:
Join us for the annual chance to capture the Sunfish Spectacular Trophy and a decent feed on Saturday the 28th of April at Damon Seven Lakes.
A catch log will be given to all at sign-in, and a drawing from those will take place for all of them turned in by 1830 hrs, for a special set of flies and case.
Fishing from the shore but float tubes and kayaks are quite successful.
Participants will also receive Mike’s package of special flies. He will give these out at sign-in to those signed up by the cutoff date 5 days before the event (Midnight of the 23th of April). If somebody has a better wording for this tell Puck.
The longest sunfish (micropterus salmoides do not count) will be the winner of the trophy.
Largest bass, most bream caught, and most flies lost to trees will all be noted.
Lunchtime is at noon, 201204281200. Be late = be hungryHow to sign up: Sign Up On Line Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.How to get Damon 7 Lakes waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. Give to Mike when you sign in at D7L.Cost:
$45 per TFF member (children and D7Ls members $5). This includes lunch and drinks. Directions: http://www.mjacompany.com/map-big.html About the area: http://www.mjacompany.com/7lakes.html Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:
Canoe, kayak, or kickboat, (These are not needed, but it is a good time to try stuff out)
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Extra rodRecommended Flies:
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.