Author Topic: March Madness Begins - THE SPAWN IS ON!  (Read 401 times)

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
March Madness Begins - THE SPAWN IS ON!
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
THOUGHT I WOULD VISIT THE BAYOU TODAY SINCE I'M FULL OF THE FISHING SHOW AND THE THOUGHT OF CATCHING BIG FISH.  TODAY IT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE AND BY LUNCH TIME THE AIR TEMP WAS 70 DEGRESS AND RISING. BET THE WATER TEMP WASN'T FAR BEHIND EITHER!.  GRABBED THE CAMERA, FLYROD AND A FEW FLYS AND HIT THE ROAD.  HERE IS WHAT I FOUND.

AS WE ARE GETTING READY FOR OUR ST. PATTY'S DAY BASS BASH. I STILL WANT TO WARN YOU, ALTHOUGH WE DON'T HAVE STING RAYS TO BE BOTHERED WITH, WE HAVE THESE GUYS.

AS THE BANKS OF THE WHITE OAK BAYOU ARE OVERGROWN NOW WE NEED TO BE CAREFULL BUT KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AS YOU CAN SEE THE FISH LAYING UP READY TO SPAWN.  HERE IS ONE RIGHT HERE.

THIS IS WHAT SHE LOOKED LIKE UP CLOSE.

JUST ABOUT TEN FEET AWAY FROM THE LAST FISH THIS GUY WAS JUST SITTING THERE AND BIT ON THE FIRST PRESENTATION.

SO I LOOKED AROUND TO SEE WHY THESE TWO LITTLE BUCKS WERE SO TIGHT TO THE BANK AND CLOSE TOGETHER AND HERE IS WHAT I FOUND.  THIS FISH WAS A SOLID THREE POUNDS! SAAWHEAT BABY.

GOT INTO THE TRUCK AND MOTORED TO ANOTHER SITE AND MAN O MAN HERE WE GO AGAIN.  I SPOTTED THIS BIG FEMALE CRUISING THE BANKS REAL CLOSE TO WHERE I WAS STANDING ALMOST TOO CLOSE. ANYWAYS I MADE SHOT AFTER SHOT AT THIS FISH, ONCE TO HER LEFT THEN TO HER RIGHT... RIGHT OVER HER THEN RIGHT NEXT TO HER. SHE ATE THREE TIMES BUT I JUST COULDN'T STICK HER, SHE WAS TOO FAST...WAIT SHE ATE TROUT SET AND SHE'S ON AFTER SEVERAL HUGE JUMPS AND WATCHING HER BURROW DOWN IN THE ROCKS I WAS ABLE TO WHIP HERE ARSE AND BRING HER HOME!  NICE FISH CLOSE TO FIVE OR MORE POUNDS. MAYBE THE LARGEST FROM THE BAYOU SINCE I STARTED FISHING IT BACK IN NOVEMBER.

LOOK AT HER TAIL...THE SPAWN IS ON. NOW THE FISH WILL NOT BE AGGRESSIVE BUT YOU NOW ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FINESS THE BIG ONES TO BITE.

GOOD LUCK! HERE IS ANOTHER ONE IT TOOK SEVERAL CAST TO GET TO EAT BUT EAT SHE DID.

I WOULDN'T GUESS IT WOULD TAKE MANY MORE PHOTOGRAPHS TO CONVINCE YOU TO JOIN US FOR THE SAINT PATRICKS' BAYOU BASS BASH ON THE WHITE OAK.  WE HAVE A GOOD GROUP STARTING TO FORM AND WE HAVE TWO WEEKS TO FIRM UP THE OUTING.  I THINK WE'LL HAVE A HOOT OF A TIME.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:49:24 AM by Golden »
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>