Author Topic: About my fishing experiances  (Read 762 times)

DonH

About my fishing experiances
« on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
I have been fishing all my life, my first fishing rod was a telescoping radio antenna made from my dad 1952 chev pickup truck., Dad couldn't afford to buy me a fishing rod back then with five kids to feed. I tied a line,cork,sinker and hook and use it for perch,catfish and bass fishing.  We were stationed in England U.K.for three years 75-78and fished for Northen Pike in rivers and lakes. did some fly fishing but wasn't to suggessful, but did catch a 14,17,20 pound n. pike on 1/2oz meps spinner.  In 1978-1991 I fishing Professional Bass Tournament for forteen years on weekends, while, I was in Air Force stationed in Del Rio, TX.,Lake Amistad, fishing most all Texas Lakes and most from Corps Chisty of to Sabine Lake...in saltwater.  I'm all pro for freshwater,saltwater, baitcasting spincasting, fly fishing, tie my own flies,  Love  to fish with all types of lures and baits.  My favorite lures are top water and jerk baits for saltwater, an Clauser Flies. Freshwater is top water,crankbaits,spinner,worm,all the lures and also flies.. My gold in fly fishing is to becaome a better castere and learn the double haul cast... very important in saltwater fishing....over shallow water.  I have a 2010, 21foot Shallow Sport boat runs in five inches of water....with a 150 Yahmaha 4 cycle. I'm always look for people to go with me.  My wife will not let me go alone anymore...713-816-0884,, I will trade off for some fly casting lessons... for some fishing trips.  My son Ray Hanselman is a fishing guide and a hunting outfitter--Here is his website.  http://www.amistadfishingguide.com/  He is like his dad, loves to fish....   

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
Re: About my fishing experiances
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
Welcome to the web site. Good to see you here.