Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent:
South Llano FLoat TripWhen:
8-10 June, 2012 Where:
Juction, TxStart Time:
1200 hrs, 8th June, 2012 End Time:
1300 hrs, 10th June, 2012 Trip Leader:
Send Puck a PM via this forum if you don't already have Puck's e-mailTrip Description:
Day 1: The first meeting of the trip will be on the South Llano River just below the tubers area. We’ll wadefish this area getting out casting skill honed, and practicing with various flies. Meeting later at Isaak’s , time TDB.
Day 2: Launch from KC-150, and float down to just above the state park. We’ll use a livery service and meet up early. More fishing time, less paddling. Details to follow.
Day 3: Bridge to bridge where the river crosses US 377. This time somebody bring a GPS. We paddled through way to fast on this stretch last year and missed some prime fishing.How to sign up: Sign Up On Line Here
, or on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
Your food, transportation, and lodging/camping fees.Directions:
Put this address into Google maps to get driving directions:
1927 Park Road 73, Junction TX 76849-9502 [/b] About the area: Map of the State ParkAbout the State ParkImportant items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!Recommended Equipment:
Canoe or kayak
Neoprene or canvas boots to prevent burned feet
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Spare GPS batteriesRecommended Flies:
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grown when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.