Author Topic: BARNACLE BANDIT BLOWOUT BENIFIT TOURNEY - POC TX.  (Read 2137 times)

Jack Klinger

• View Profile
Re: BARNACLE BANDIT BLOWOUT BENIFIT TOURNEY - POC TX.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Mike:

Edwardo & Jack have set-up to attended the Barnacle Bandit Blowout.  We will be staying Friday night at Poco  Loco Lodge, Room # 1.  We plan to arrive late afternoon on Friday.  So let me know were to meet you to coordinate the fishing plans for Saturday.

Salty flies,

Jack
Salty Flies,
Jack

Adam Colorado

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »
Mike/John P:

I am going to head down on Thursday Evening, drink beer and dunk some bait off the beach pier or little jetties. If anyone is going to be going down early enough on Friday to do some fishing PM me and we can coordinate making some casts on Friday.  Would it be cool if I pitched my tent next to either of yalls trailers?

Adam Muire

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
ADAM CHECK YOUR PM'S.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Pavon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
Adam give me a call, I'll be down Fri afternoon and you can stay inside my trailer. 281-468.3034.
Mike Andrew had to cancel so it is Adam and I in my boat.

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
Now that's what I call an affirmative action plan.
Adam do not touch any of the cold beer in John's Trailer

....er until I get there!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »
How was the event; did the weather hamper the success of the fund raiser?

Denis

"Bear"

Golden

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »
BEAR the tourney came off without a hitch.  Yes it was misserable for most of the day but all in all fish were caught by everybody and the tourney had 77 fishers.  Money was raised and everybody had a great time.  Mike Drone and I had a slam by 1030 am!

On sunday I caught two sheepsheads and a red using a fly Jerry Loring tied at the fly tying fest.  The weather sunday was beautiful.

No photos were taken during this trip by Mike or I but maybe others took some.  John Purcell, Adam Muir, Jack Klinger, Eduardo Davis, and I attended.  We (Mike and I) weighed in one trout 15.5", one flounder 21" and one drum18.5 the most fish in the fly division. One sheepshead was caught in the fly division but it was caught on a boat where the team was chunking bait and chum and the flyrod was used once the fish went on the feeding frenzy! We would never allow that ...but they did!   

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Adam Colorado

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
It was another fun outing indeed.  Mike might have identified the perfect Prison Permit fly, and lucky me I have one in my box for the P.P. Invite in Sargent

Thanks to Curtis from the POC volunteer firefighters for putting on a fun tourney.

For me broken hooks, wind knots and general greenhorn mistakes were the story of the weekend, but many thanks to John Purcell for the ride on his boat on Saturday, and Mike G for showing me around on Sunday on Marcus's scooter whom I would also like to thank.  It was a good time indeed.

As for those fellas chumming the water and getting the lucky sheepshead in a feeding frenzy, that was some pretty poor sportsmanship.  Would be amazed if they could spot/cast to/convince a sheepshead cruising the flats to get anywhere near one of their flys, short of bellyhooking the fish.