Author Topic: New Member "Ripit"  (Read 64 times)

ripit

• View Profile
New Member "Ripit"
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »
Hello to all. My Name is Tim and I've been lingering on the site for a while. I've been Fly Fishing and Tying about 5-6 years and started out trout fishing in Ok., Mo.,Co. and the Guad. I was introduced to saltwater fishing by my cousin about 4 years ago and that's my passion now. I live in the Dallas area and normally make at least one trip to the coast a month.

I have been a member of PACK  for several years kayak fishing with those great guys. This past June I purchased a East Cape Lostman so I could Fly Fish easier and access more locations and fish with some non-kayaking friends and family mainly my son. I also have a Hobie PA12 and Adventure Island.

Although I love fishing with the "PACK" guys I enjoy fishing from my skiff more and I feel odd taking both my kayak and skiff to PACK events just so I can fish in my skiff. Ive spoken to some of the PACK guys that are TFF members as well and they tell me ya'll are great bunch to hung with so I'm looking forward to making some trips with TFF after the first of the year.

See y'all on the water soon
Tim "Ripit" Boone
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:40:03 AM by ripit »

Joe French

• View Profile
Re: New Member "Ripit"
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »
I would love to pole your Lostman sometime. Let me know when coming and I can take you into Greens Lake marsh for sight casting reds.

Joe French
Joe French
Mitzi 15
Shallowsport 18

ripit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »
I would love to pole your Lostman sometime. Let me know when coming and I can take you into Greens Lake marsh for sight casting reds.

Joe French
Your on Joe!!  I'm going to try to come down in early to mid Dec. Was going back to Stingeree as I had good luck there a couple of weeks back (pic below). But I've been wanting to hit Greens Lake, but haven't had a chance yet. I'll give you a holler if things work out.

I'm going to try and make the Jan and Feb trips for sure.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:44:52 PM by ripit »

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:47:46 PM »
Nice catch.

ripit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 08:06:57 AM »

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:22:07 AM »
Word to the wise, if Joe takes you to Greens Lake out of the marina in Hitchcock (Charlie's) be careful and take down your "sissy" bar.  There is a railroad trestle ahead that will be very unkind to your aluminum.

"BEEN THERE DONE THAT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

ripit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 09:07:44 AM »
You're a day late and a dollar short but I did turn around to be sure nothing was too high, thank goodness. Saved by the bell.