Texas FlyFishers of Houston
When: July 27, 2013
Where: Port O'Connor Tx.
Start Time: 4:00 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM
Trip Leader: Mike Graham
Trip Description: Carefully choose your favorite fly and catch as many fish with it as you can. No fair changing fly, adding sweetner, once it breaks off or falls apart your done! You can re-glue if necessary. Winner is contestant who amasses the most total inches of GAMEFISH using his ONE FLY.
How to sign up:Sign Up Here , on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: No anticipated cost (You may want to help your boat driver with a few dollars for his expenses, though.)
Directions: Google Port O'Connor Tx. Take 59 south to Ganado turn left to Hwy 35, take right to Port Lavaca and follow signs to Port O'Connor.
About the area:Grass and sand flats everywhere. Not easily fished from Kayak unless you are strong paddler or have a big boat to fairy you out. Front beach is hot right now too.
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wading Shoes and Sting Ray Guards
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Recommended Equipment:6 to 8 wt. for inshore action, 10 - 12 wt. for Jacks, tarpon or kings if you want to venture out off shore.
Recommended Flies: Clousers, sea-ducers, crabs, and mullet imitations
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.