Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent:
Bolivar MarshWhen: Where:
Meet at Stingaree http://stingaree.com/ Start Time:
8 AM End Time:
3:00 PM Trip Leader: Phone: e-mail: Trip Description:
Bring your boat or kayak! We are going to hit the marshes along Bolivar. There is some very nice water in this area. How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
$2 to launchDirections: http://stingaree.com/ About the area:
Marshy with some mud and some wadeable areas. The ICW flows right by the marina, so you will need some sort of watercraft.Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:
6-9 wt rod. Floating line. Marine radio would be handyRecommended Flies:
Clousers, bendbacks, redfish crack, shrimp patterns.Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.