Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Port O'Connor JettiesWhen: May 31st 2014 Where: Port O'Connor Start 7:00 AM End Time: 5:00 PM Trip Leader: Los dos Mikes (Quigley & Graham) Phone: e-mail: Trip Description: Fishing out at the big jetties in POC for big jacks, reds, tarpon and who knows what else? How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost: Gas for the guys ferrying people out to the jetties. Pay your share for the lodging, booze, food etc. Directions: IH 59 south to Ganado take Hwy 172 south to SH 35 turn right to Port Lavaca Tx. At first light across the bridge turn left on Hwy 238 follow road through town. You will come upon an ARROW sign pointing to the right. That will be Martin L King Street. (Probably not marked) stay on that road and make the turn. You are on the right street if you pass a catholic church on the right. Also there is a Dairy Queen on the right too. follow 238 out of town and you will come to a yellow light turn right you will still be on 238. Go about a mile and you will come to a blinking yellow light, turn left onto FM 1289 and follow till it come to a T-intersection. Turn left on SH 185 and follow into Port O'Connor. Go to 15th street and turn right. Follow down til the road makes a bend to the left stop and look to your right. The White and blue condo is the place Unit No. B. About the area: Big water lots of boats and a great place to fish. Make sure you have safety equipment on your boats, you might get checked out here. We will be eating in town Friday night at Cathy's (7:00PM). Saturday night we can do same or cook up some fish from the day's catch. Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:8 - 12 wts. sink lines, wire leaders Recommended Flies:Big knarley flashy stuff that sinks quick. Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.