Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Wormdrowner

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
1
Outing Information Only / Re: Bolivar Marsh - Mar 21
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »
If we don't get some people signed up for this trip soon, we are going to cancel it all together. 

2
Tying Chat / Re: Leg tying tool
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
Just make sure you don't let Mary Kay near it once you buy one.....  ::)

3
General Discussion / Sinking line
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:01:17 AM »
I picked up some Type III sinking line for my old 7 wt. Thought I'd give it a try for both lakes & bays. I've never used full sink before. Any advice, thoughts or ideas on using it?

4
Outing Information Only / Re: Bolivar Marsh - Mar 21
« on: February 26, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »
Guys, if you don't sign up now or at least give some indication of interest in staying overnight, we are going to cancel the beach house we were looking to rent. If you are interested, please indicate ASAP!!

5
Outing Information Only / Re: Chocolate Bayou - Postponed until May 30
« on: February 26, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »
I have to drop this one. My surgery is May 11th and I don't think I should be out wading quite so soon afterwards. Y'all have fun and be careful! 

BTW: No, you may not borrow my boat since I won't be using it!!!  :P

6
Unless we get another boat, this is it for spaces.

7
General Discussion / Texas Fly Fishing Expo - New Braunfels May 29-31
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:51:16 AM »
http://txflyfishexpo.com/

I just booked a room over at Maricopa Lodge for me and the missus. I'll be a couple weeks after surgery, so I won't be fishing yet.  If you aren't going to fish Chocolate Bayou, come join us in the Hill Country.

I'd rather be fishing, but a man has to know his limitations.........


8
Latest boat assignments:


Name                  Boat Assigned
 Steven K                   Alan K
 Alan K                   Alan K
 Scott B                   John P
 John P                   John P
 Rob K                   Lamarr S
 Hugo O                   Lamarr S
 Lamarr S                   Lamarr S
 Puck                    Michael Q
 Michael Q                 Michael Q
 Jared F                   Mike F
 Bill L.                   Mike F
 Mike F                   Mike F
 Kevin McD                   Randall R
 Randall R                   Randall R
 Russell C                   Tim R
 Karen R                   Tim R
 Tim R                   Tim R
Golden                   Wendell
Wendell                   Wendell

9
Outing Information Only / Re: Matagorda Prison Permit - Feb 21
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:50:13 PM »
20 MPH with gusts to 30 MPH, 80% chance of rain, 20% chance of T-Showers......sorry guys. We are going to postpone the trip until the 14th of March.

10
Outing Information Only / Re: Matagorda Prison Permit - Feb 21
« on: February 17, 2015, 04:50:19 AM »
Saturday is calling for 20 mph winds with gusts to 32!  :o


http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/matagorda


If we don't see any improvement in the forecast, we will postpone until the 14th. 

11
Outing Information Only / Re: Matagorda Prison Permit - Feb 21
« on: February 16, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
Ah well.....the darn boat acted like it was full...,.untill it wasn't. Live and learn!

12
Outing Information Only / Re: Matagorda Prison Permit - Feb 21
« on: February 16, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »
You should bring your foul weather gear too, just in case we aren't attacked by chickens, but rain.  :P

13
Outing Information Only / Re: Bolivar Marsh - Mar 21
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:40:57 PM »
Bill is looking into a place to stay on Bolivar so that we don't have to fight the ferry/traffic. Please sign-up and let him know if you are interested in staying down there. 

14
Outing Information Only / Re: Matagorda Prison Permit - Feb 21
« on: February 12, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »
Boat list has been updated.

15
Outing Information Only / Re: Matagorda Prison Permit - Feb 21
« on: February 12, 2015, 07:17:22 AM »
Looks like a norther is blowing through on Tuesday-Wednesday. High of  49 on Wed.  Temps warming back to 69 by Saturday, but 50% chance of rain. Still a long ways off for the weather idiots to predict, but keep an eye on things and dress accordingly.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/77414:4:US

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34